Updated: Sep 15, 2019
50g Glutinous Rice Flour
40g Rice Flour
25g Wheat Starch
30g Icing Sugar
2 tbsp condensed milk
1 tbsp oil
FILLING - Use this as a base. Feel free to add any flavourings. We added 1 tablespoon of matcha powder for matcha filling, 1 tablespoon cacao powder for chocolate filling etc.
1 can cannelloni beans
40g glutinous rice flour
40g unsalted butter
1 tablespoon condensed milk
3 tablespoon icing sugar
Chopped white chocolate (optional)
1 tbsp Thea Organics Matcha powder
1 tbsp Dragonfruit powder
1 tbsp Blue Pea flower powder
*You can get creative with the skin. We also added lemon rind & freeze dried raspberries.
Toasted Glutinous Rice Flour (toast in frypan on low heat while continuously stirring until slighty yellow. If you don't cook this, your stomach would not forgive you!)
1. In a large bowl, add your dried ingredients and slowly add your wet ingredients to combine. Pass through sieve to shallow dish to remove lumps. Cover your dish with cling film and steam for 30 minutes.
2. Combine Filling ingredients in food processor until smooth. Cook in pan on low heat and keep folding until mixture stops sticking to spatula. Leave to cool, then place in fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Once dough is cooled, scrap dough to form a ball and start kneading. Wear gloves to stop it sticking to your hands. Once combined, wrap in cling film and cool in fridge for 30 minutes - 1 hour
4. Take out dough and filling from fridge. If you want to add colour to dough, nows the time to add colour then knead until well combined. Divide dough into 20g portions and filling into 30g portions. Roll into balls. TIP: To get colourful skin options, combine different coloured dough together - make sure they weigh 20gs in total.
5. Place dough between 2 sheets of cling film and start rolling outwards into a circular shape. Then place filling and start wrapping.If you are wanting to place chocolate in the middle, press a hole deep enough to cover chocolate
6. Roll in toasted glutinous rice flour - why toasted? So you don't get a sore tummy. You wouldn't eat raw rice would you?
7. Press into your small mould and press to form your mooncake.
It's ready to eat as everything has been cooked. Good for 2 days otherwise freeze immediately and defrost to enjoy.